Goed nieuws vanuit het ARK team. De langverwachte Ark Core V2 update is eindelijk klaar, en zal op 28 november officieel uitgebracht worden.
De ARK V2 codebase is volledig nieuw en is volledig vanaf scratch ontwikkeld. De afgelopen maanden is de update uitgebreid getest en is nu klaar om live te gaan.
Wat is ark?
ARK richt zich vooral op de blockchain techniek. Het team heeft als doel om een volledig ecosysteem te ontwikkelen waarmee het mogelijk is om meerdere blockchains te koppelen aan een platform. Het platform is koppelt bekende blockchains aan elkaar, via de SmartBridge techniek. ARK wil de blockchaintechnologie vooral naar de massa brengen.
ARK heeft uitgebreid beschreven wat de nieuwe functionaliteiten zullen zijn van het nieuwe V2 platform;
Welke nieuwe functies zijn aanwezig?
- Dynamic fees — most noticeable for end users is the addition of dynamic fees enabling delegates set their own fees for different transaction types. Users have the option to modify and pay fees they are comfortable with for sending transactions.
- Plugin system — ARK is the first blockchain protocol released that allows you to easily develop customized modules or plugins, to leverage the power of blockchain. The majority of ARK’s processes have been decoupled, modularized and developed as plugins. Only a few lines of code are required to add or remove new plugins to the system. Our goal of developing the ‘WordPress of blockchains’ has been realized. You can now develop your own plugins and easily include them into your own blockchain.
- Increased TPS (Transactions per Second) and TPB (Transactions per Block)— Transactions that can be included in a single block are increased from 50 to 150. The total increase in TPS is threefold from 6.25 to 18.75. This is not a TPS limit and can be easily raised in the future. Currently, this level of throughput is more than adequate. For bridgechains, this value is completely customizable.
- New API — A much more powerful API provides additional endpoints, is much more stable and follows the latest API standards, giving developers more options to get necessary information and interact with ARK’s blockchain.
- Webhook support — Webhooks allow applications to provide other applications with real-time information. A Webhook delivers data immediately as it happens as opposed to a typical API where polling must occur very frequently and inefficiently to get real-time data.
- Better transaction pool management — a newly developed transaction pool (transactions are kept in this pool before inclusion in the blockchain) is leveraging the power of memory and SQLite, providing superior stability, reliability and a foundation for future optimizations.
- Better verification systems — the legacy code has multiple drawbacks with how blocks and transactions are verified and included in the blockchain. The new Core verifies database integrity at the start of each node process, checking its validity and continuing with much-improved efficiency and handling. These actions also bring additional security to ARK and we all know how important that is for blockchain projects.
- Speedier rebuilds & synchronizations — starting your own node from block 0 with the new system is much faster. Previously, rebuilding from 0 to current block height (~ 6,450,000 blocks) required around 50 hours. ARK Core v2 can do it in approximately 12 hours (depends on the server specifications and overall network state). As a result, synchronizing becomes much faster when stopping and starting the node process, or when rebuilding from a snapshot.
- Better decentralization through a new snapshot system—the old code was very dependent on the ARK team for snapshots when building or rebuilding a node. An all new local snapshot system has been developed allowing node operators to use their own copies of the database when needed. When starting a new node or rebuilding a node due to errors, local copies will allow for fast and safe synchronization and will reduce dependence on the ARK team. This development brings wider decentralization to the ARK ecosystem and is a much safer and faster way for nodes to recover in case of emergencies.
Meer informatie over de ARK Core v2 update valt te lezen op de website van ARK
Geef een antwoord